This one-day course is designed for all people who work with commercial layers and is delivered by a trainer who has been health and safety qualified for 20 years with over 16 years experience in the poultry industry.
The course is approved by the British Poultry Training for the Lion Passport training scheme and a certificate is issued upon completion.
- Roles and responsibilities – legal and organisational
- Reporting of inadequate control measures and corrective actions
- Accident and near miss reporting
- Health hazards of poultry dust
- Types of PPE including storage, usage, inspection, and replacement
- Notices and written notices – including warning signs
- Fire and emergency procedures including fire extinguisher recognition
- Chemical storage, use and disposal – including PPE and COSHH
- Machinery safety
- Electrical safety
- Site security
- Site traffic movement – including child safety
- Lone working
- Manual handling – principles and practice