This is a half day course designed for all people who work with poultry, and is delivered by a trainer with 20 years of experience in the industry.
Courses have been individually tailored for hatcheries and farms/catching.
It is approved by British Poultry Training for the Poultry Passport Scheme and a certificate is issued upon completion.
- What is Biosecurity?
- Reasons for biosecurity and site hygiene procedures
- Specific measures required to control Campylobacter and Salmonella
- Identification of poultry diseases and specific control measures
- Equipment required for maintenance of biosecurity
- How to obtain the required equipment
- Monitoring and auditing of biosecurity procedures
- Personal hygiene requirements and reasons for these
- Identification of EU & UK legislation, codes of practice and assurance scheme standards
- Record keeping requirements
- Procedures for the safe storage and use of chemicals
- Chemical dilution rates and their importance
- COSHH requirements
- PPE required
- Disposal of spent products or solutions