This is a half day course designed for all people who work with poultry, and is delivered by a trainer with 20 years of experience in the industry.
Courses have been individually tailored for hatcheries and farms/catching.
It is approved by British Poultry Training for the Poultry Passport Scheme and a certificate is issued upon completion.
- Reasons for biosecurity and site hygiene procedures
- Specific measures required to control Salmonella and Campylobacter and other poultry diseases
- Equipment required for maintenance of biosecurity
- Monitoring and auditing of biosecurity procedures
- Personal hygiene requirements and reasons for these
- Identification of UK & EU legislation, codes of practice and assurance scheme standards
- Record keeping requirements
- Procedures for the safe storage and use of chemical
- COSHH requirement
- Disposal of spent products or solutions