This is a half day course designed for all people who work with poultry, and is delivered by a trainer with 20 years of experience in the industry.
Courses have been individually tailored for broilers, turkeys & breeders.
It is approved by British Poultry Training for the Poultry Passport Scheme and a certificate is issued upon completion.
- Legislative requirements, codes of practice and industry standards
- Accommodation and shelter
- Equipment required to maintain bird welfare
- Environmental conditions, including ventilation rates
- Causes of stress in poultry
- Litter conditions and how this affects the flock
- Feed and water quality
- Emergency procedures
- Record keeping requirements
- Correct bird handling procedures
- Identification of normal & abnormal behaviour and the reasons for changes
- Identification of birds that require culling
- Culling techniques approved by legislation
- Waste disposal of fallen stock