This is a half day course designed for all people who work with poultry, and is delivered by a trainer with 20 years of experience in the industry.
It is approved by British Poultry Training for the Poultry Passport Scheme and a certificate is issued upon completion.
- Legislative requirements, codes of practice and industry standards
- Housing, shelter and handling facilities
- Equipment required to maintain bird welfare
- Environmental conditions, including ventilation
- Causes of stress in poultry
- Emergency plan
- Record keeping requirements
- Bird handling procedures
- Identification of normal & abnormal behaviour and the reasons for changes
- Identification of birds that require culling
- Culling and euthanasia
- Storage and waste disposal of fallen stock