This is a half day course designed for all employees, and is delivered by a trainer with 20 years of experience in the industry.
It is approved by British Poultry Training for the Poultry Passport Scheme and a certificate is issued upon completion.
- Organisational Security requirements
- Roles and responsibilities – legal & organisational
- Reporting of inadequate control measures and corrective actions
- Importance of following manufacturers instructions
- Fire and emergency procedures specific to your location and role
- Different types of fire extinguisher
- Safe transportation and storage of materials
- Specific risks to child safety
- Accident reporting
- Types of PPE inc. usage, storage, inspection and replacement
- Health hazards of poultry dust.
- Electrical safety
- Lone working arrangements
- Site traffic movement
- Chemical safety inc. dilution rates
- Machinery safety inc. cleaning procedures
- Notices and written instructions inc. sign recognition